South Tipperary Development Company will be providing Digital Skills training during 2015, in various locations throughout the County commencing later this month.
The Primary aim of the BenefIT IIII Programme is to support the objectives of the National Digital Strategy. The Programme is run by the Department of Communications, Energy & Natural Resources.
The Qualifying Persons who can be trained or assisted on this Programme are as follows:
- Have not previously engaged with the internet, or
- Have already acquired basic internet use skills and now wish to develop these further; and
- Are a member of one of the target groups below which research has shown are most likely to be excluded from the knowledge society;
- Older people (defined as aged 55 or over)
- Unemployed people
- People who have had less formal education or who have no formal qualifications
- Disadvantaged people – which may include: people with disabilities, those living alone or remotely – particularly in rural areas
There will be two Programmes available.
We intend initially focusing on upskilling unemployed individuals with the necessary skills to carry out job searches, and apply for jobs, on-line. Some of the tasks that will be covered on our e-job search Programme are:
- How to search for jobs using keywords
- How to register with recruitment sites
- How to complete a job application on-line
- How to upload a CV and cover letter
- How to scan certificates and qualifications and upload such documents
- How to submit a job application form and request a “read receipt”
- How to print off and maintain their applications on-line
- How to follow through with enquiries using email or a “comments” box
We will also be providing an “Everyday Living Programme” which is a beginner’s guide to using computers and the internet to carry out basic tasks like for example,
- Setting up an email account
- Sending an email
- Using Skype
- Social Networking
- Shopping Online
- Online Banking
- Accessing Government Services
Individuals will be able to avail of 4 sessions lasting 2 hours each.
South Tipperary Development Company are now inviting expressions of interest from anyone who wishes to avail of either of these Programmes.
We will endeavour to hold the training at a location and time convenient to you.
If interested please forward your name, address, contact details and your preferred choice of Programme to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (052) 7442652