For the very first time in its history, the Board of South Tipperary Development Company have made the decision to invite individuals, groups, committees and organisations to become members of the Company.
Niall Morrissey CEO stated “STDC has at all times encouraged as many people as possible living in our community to become involved in setting the strategic direction of the company. The Company is now going one step further to underline the importance of the principle of the “bottom-up approach”, by encouraging people to become members of STDC, thereby giving people the opportunity to influence how the Company is operated and managed”.
Membership of South Tipperary Development Company will bring a number of benefits including the following:
- Members will have an important function in deciding the strategic direction of the Company
- Entitled to attend and participate in the Members Forum meetings
- Entitled to attend the STDC Annual General Meeting
- Annual Forum can agree to submit Notices of Motion for consideration by the Directors at the STDC AGM
- Members are entitled to receive a copy of the STDC Annual Financial Statement
- Members may seek clarifications from the STDC Directors, the CEO or the Company Auditor at the STDC AGM
- From time to time the STDC Board may appoint Advisory Councils and/or Evaluation Committees and seek a nominee(s) from the Members
- Members will receive periodic newsletters and communications advising about various events, consultations and grants/funding opportunities that may be of interest to you or your group
- STDC will provide a support and information service to Members
- Members will have the opportunity to advertise community events on the various social media platforms operated by STDC
The Annual fee to become a Member of STDC is €25
To learn more about the Board of South Tipperary Development Company and the enormous influence the Company has on social, cultural and economic development in the County, visit www.stdc.ie, where you will also find links to STDC’s facebook page, twitter and YouTube channel.
South Tipperary Development Company delivers the following programmes and services:
- Rural Development Programme 2007-2013 – LEADER Programme
- Social Inclusion Community Activation Programme (SICAP)
- Tús (220 participants and 11 Team Leaders)
- Rural Social Scheme (RSS – 26 participants and 1 Supervisor)
- National Countryside Recreation Strategy (incorporating the Walks Scheme)
- The Incredible Years Programme
- Little Orchard Playschool
- Traveller Community Health Programme
- BenefIT IIII (Digital Skills Programme)
- Home Repairs Service
- Eircode Community Outreach Programme
Martin Quinn Chairperson of STDC emphasised that “The Board of South Tipperary Development Company is committed to the principle of Community Led Local Development. The Company is a firm believer in Community Participation in the setting of the Company’s objectives and the delivery of services by the local development company which belongs to the people of Tipperary”.
South Tipperary Development Company wants you to become involved in steering the direction of the Company and accordingly invites you to become a Member.
If you require any further clarification please do not hesitate to contact Niall Morrissey CEO (email@example.com) or Ms. Paula O Brien, (firstname.lastname@example.org)