- STDC Head Office Cahir
- Hughes Mill, Old Bridge, Clonmel.
- Slieveardagh Centre, Killenaule.
- Three Drives, Family Resource Centre, Tipperary Town.
- Clonoulty National School
- Nano Nagle Centre, Carrick On Suir.
- Have not previously engaged with the internet, or
- Have already acquired basic internet use skills and now wish to develop these further; and
- Are a member of one of the target groups below which research has shown are most likely to be excluded from the knowledge society;
- Older people (defined as aged 55 or over)
- Unemployed people
- People who have had less formal education or who have no formal qualifications
- Disadvantaged people – which may include: people with disabilities, those living alone or remotely – particularly in rural areas
There are two programmes available
We intend initially focusing on upskilling unemployed individuals with the necessary skills to carry out job searches, and apply for jobs, on-line. Some of the tasks that will be covered on our e-job search Programme are:
- How to search for jobs using keywords
- How to register with recruitment sites
- How to complete a job application on-line
- How to upload a CV and cover letter
- How to scan certificates and qualifications and upload such documents
- How to submit a job application form and request a “read receipt”
- How to print off and maintain their applications on-line
- How to follow through with enquiries using email or a “comments” box
We will also be providing an “Everyday Living Programme” which is a beginner’s guide to using computers and the internet to carry out basic tasks like for example,
- Setting up an email account
- Sending an email
- Using Skype
- Social Networking
- Shopping Online
- Online Banking
- Accessing Government Services
Individuals will be able to avail of 4 sessions lasting 2 hours each.
South Tipperary Development Company are now inviting expressions of interest from anyone who wishes to avail of either of these Programmes.
We will endeavour to hold the training at a location and time convenient to you.
If interested please forward your name, address, contact details and your preferred choice of Programme firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (052) 7442652