The Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2018-2022 provides funding to tackle poverty and social exclusion at local level through local engagement and partnerships between disadvantaged individuals, community organisations and public sector agencies.
SICAP 2018-2022 is the successor programme to SICAP 2015-2017.
SICAP is a social inclusion programme that works with communities and individuals. SICAP aims to tackle high and persistent levels of deprivation through targeted and innovative, locally led approaches. As Programme Implementer (PI) South Tipperary Development Company will deliver key actions reflecting the broad scope of the programme in order to strengthen communities and improve people’s lives.
SICAP works across two programme goals:
- Goal 1: Supporting Communities
- Goal 2: Supporting Individuals
The delivery of SICAP 2018-2022 is underpinned by the principles of community development, equality and collaboration and are reflected in 3 horizontal themes which underpin all aspects of our work:
- Promoting an equality framework with a focus on gender equality and anti-discrimination practices;
- Applying community development approaches to achieve the participation of disadvantaged and marginalised communities in the wider local development context;
- Developing collaborative approaches with stakeholders to improve how mainstream policies and programmes are delivered so that they impact more positively on the socially excluded.
Who is SICAP for?
SICAP is a targeted programme, focussed in specific geographic areas and with specific target groups. Individuals who are eligible for supports under SICAP include:
|Disadvantaged Children and Families||People living in disadvantaged communities|
|Disadvantaged Young people (15-24 years)||People with Disabilities|
|Those who are economically inactive||Low Income Workers/Households|
|Those who are unemployed||New Communities|
The Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2015-2017 is funded by the Irish Government and co-funded by the European Social Fund and includes a special allocation under the Youth Employment Initiative
More information on the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme can be found at: www.pobal.ie.