PROJECT DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Rural Development (LEADER) Transitional Programme
South Tipperary Development Company (STDC) wishes to appoint a Project Development Officer on a Maternity Cover basis to assist it in the implementation of its’ Rural Development (LEADER) Transitional Programme in South Tipperary.
The person appointed will work as part of the Rural Development team in implementing the Rural Development (LEADER) Transitional Programme in South Tipperary in a manner that is consistent with Programme priorities, the Local Development Strategy, Programme Guidelines and Regulations. Further details are to be found at the end of this document.
Main duties will include: –
- Pro-actively generating projects and activities that fit into the Tipperary Local Development Strategy (LDS) and the Transitional Programme.
- Advising and guiding individuals, enterprises and communities on the Rural Development Programme and on the grant application process.
- Working with promoters on their projects from concept to completion which includes
- animation and capacity building
- managing the grant application process
- responsibility for project files in compliance with the LEADER Operating Rules including management of files on the CRM
- preparing and presenting projects to the Independent Evaluation Committee and LCDC
- preparing project payments
- Working with other agencies and stakeholders locally and nationally to support the work of the RDP.
- Representing STDC on various committees.
- Attending and contributing to meetings, seminars and training as required.
- Have the ability to work across all three programme themes as identified above. A knowledge and understanding of climate change issues and/or SMART Town/Village planning as relevant to community / local enterprise would be an advantage.
- Have at least five years’ experience in working with individuals, enterprises and communities in developing projects and preparing applications for grant aid.
- Have excellent organizational, administration, planning and IT skills, with experience of using a Customer Relationship Management System (CRM).
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills. A skill set in digital media would be an advantage.
- Be a team player but have the ability to work on own initiative.
- Have a relevant third level qualification.
- Have an understanding of policies at international, national, regional and local level that impact on the Rural Development Programme.
Terms and Conditions
Duration of contract
This is a maternity cover post. It is envisaged that it will be of at least 6 months duration.
Normal working week is 35 hours with one-hour lunch break (unpaid). You will be expected to attend night meetings and occasionally meetings held at weekends. Time in lieu can be taken for attendance at such meetings but must be taken in accordance with the Company’s “Time in Lieu” policy.
Annual leave will be 30 days on a calendar year basis (pro rata for employees commencing after January 1st). Employees are required to hold part of their annual leave for Company shut down periods e.g., during Christmas.
In line with Community Partnership Salary Scale.
Place of work
The post holder will be based at the STDC headquarters which is in Cahir. He / She may be required to work from other locations from time to time. Partial remote working may be considered.
Successful candidate is expected to have their own car and have a full driver’s license.
Training and support
You will be expected to familiarize yourself with the various programme documents e.g., Local Development Strategy; Department Operating Guidelines; Procedures Manual; Relevant E.U legislation, etc. However hands-on support and induction training will be provided by the CEO and other team members.
STDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Shortlisting may apply
Applications by CV (max 3 pages) with cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements for the post.
Completed applications should be marked “Project Development Officer Private and Confidential”.
Applications should be submitted by email ONLY to Maria Devane at email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday June 10th at 12 noon
Applications received after this date cannot be considered.
The LEADER Transitional Programme.
STDC, in conjunction with Tipperary Local Community Development Committee (TLCDC) has drawn up a Local Development Strategy (LDS) which set out the approach to be adopted by STDC in the delivery of the Rural Development (LEADER) Programme within South Tipperary. Currently, a Transitional LEADER programme is in operation. It continues the work under the three main programme themes, namely
- Economic Development, Enterprise Development and Job Creation
- Enterprise Development
- Rural Tourism
- Revitalisation of Towns and Villages
- Digitalisation and Broadband
- Social Inclusion
- Basic Services for Hard to Reach Groups
- Rural Youth
- Rural Environment.
- Renewable Energy
- Safeguarding our Water Resources
The Department of Rural and Community Development has highlighted, the following as priorities under the Rural Development Transitional Programme:
- Supports to rural businesses seeking to reach new markets, expand, innovate and/or diversify in response to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and/or Brexit, with a particular emphasis on providing support to businesses in the food sector.
- Community based projects that seek to address the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Projects that develop the concept of the Smart Village initiative or Rural Economic Development Zones (REDZs) which could serve as proof-of-concept for more substantial proposals in the context of the next EU-funded LEADER Programme.
- Supports and capacity building for communities that have not previously received assistance under LEADER or other rural programmes.
- Support for new and innovative projects in the areas of climate change, environmental protection and the green economy.
- Maximising the potential of broadband and the digital economy in communities, including through skills development, building awareness and usage of available remote working facilities.
Background to South Tipperary Development Company (STDC)
South Tipperary Development Company (STDC) is a not for profit organisation. It delivers a range of programmes and initiatives that assist in enterprise development, creation of employment opportunities, community development, tackling poverty and social exclusion. Programmes and initiatives delivered by the Company include: – Rural Development (LEADER) Programme 2014 – 2020 and the Transitional Programme April 2021 – Dec 2022; Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP); Tús; Rural Social Scheme (RSS); Traveller Primary Health Care Programme; Rural Recreation and Walks Scheme; Pre and After School Services and Community Food Initiative
STDC is governed by a board of Directors. It delivers services within the Borough District of Clonmel and the Municipal Districts of Tipperary/Cashel and Carrick on Suir.
Queries can be sent to Mariadevane@stdc.ie or phone 052 7442652