Who We Are
South Tipperary Development CLG (STDC) is a not for profit organisation. It delivers a range of programmes and initiatives that assist in enterprise development, creation of employment opportunities, community development, tackling poverty and social exclusion. Programmes and initiatives delivered by the Company include: – Rural Development (LEADER) Programme 2014 – 2020; Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2018-2022; Tús Community Work Placement Programme; Rural Social Scheme (RSS); Traveller Primary Health Care Programme; Rural Recreation and Walks Scheme; Pre and After School Services; Community Food Initiative; and the Incredible Years Programme.
The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect from 25th of May 2018.
Respecting your data is important to us, we want to take this opportunity to assure you that your information is safe and will be treated with respect.
What We Use Your Data For
We use your data collected in person or online to:
- Contact you to respond to any queries or communications you may send us
- Establish your eligibility for our various programmes and supports
- Review how we assisted you so we can provide you with the best possible tailored supports
- Share your name and contact details with third parties, with your agreement, so we can make referrals and appointments on your behalf
- Produce statistics which will help us plan and improve our services
- Provide our funders with data to assist them in providing a better national service
- Provide you with information about our upcoming training courses, workshops and events
Our Legal Basis For Processing Your Data
We are legally permitted to process your data based on the following grounds:
- When you register for one of our services, consent is provided by you for us to process your data.
Who We Share Your Data With
We will sometimes share your data with other service providers, namely:
- For services and programmes where we are the Data Processor (e.g. Rural Development Programme, Rural Social Scheme, Tús, Walks Scheme. We will share your data with the Data Controller (Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection or the Department of Rural and Community Development, as appropriate).
- For services and programmes where we are the Data Controller (e.g. Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme), we may share your data with third parties in order to arrange referrals to other services. We will only do this with your consent. We may also share your data with our funders for audit and monitoring purposes.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data
The duration for which we keep your data will depend on the purposes for which we processed the data and this will be articulated to you when you first provide us with your data. We commit to only keep data for the period of time for which it is required to be kept by us.
You have the right to access, rectify and in some cases, to delete your personal data.
Please be assured that you can opt out of communication from South Tipperary Development CLG at any time. Any further communications from us will provide you with the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ at any time or to update your contact details.
If you no longer want to receive such information from South Tipperary Development CLG there is no need to do anything, your information will be removed from our database that we use to contact clients.