SOCIAL INCLUSION COMMUNITY ACTIVATION PROGRAMME 2018 – 2022
SOCIAL INCLUSION DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Job Code (SIDO)
Background to South Tipperary Development Company (STDC)
South Tipperary Development Company (STDC) is a not for profit organisation. It delivers a range of programmes and initiatives that assist in enterprise development, creation of employment opportunities, community development, tackling poverty and social exclusion. Programmes and initiatives delivered by the Company include: – Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2018 – 2022; Rural Development (LEADER) Programme 2014 – 2020; Tús; Rural Social Scheme (RSS); Traveller Primary Health Care Programme; Rural Recreation and Walks Scheme; Pre and After School Services; Community Food Initiative and the Incredible Years Programme.
STDC is governed by a board of Directors. It delivers services within the Borough District of Clonmel and the Municipal Districts of Tipperary/Cashel and Carrick on Suir. South Tipperary Development Company (STDC) wishes to appoint a Social Inclusion Development Officer to assist it in the delivery of the Social Inclusion Community Activation Programme 2018 – 2022 in South Tipperary but primarily in Carrick-on-Suir.
Overall purpose of the job:
To support and facilitate the implementation of South Tipperary Development Company’s social inclusion actions in key communities in Carrick-on-Suir under the SICAP Programme.
Reporting to the Social Inclusion Programme Manager, the role of the SIDO will primarily involve the following:
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the SICAP Early Childhood Education Initiatives in Carrick on Suir (Preschool, Afterschool services).
- Outreach and engage with individuals who are targeted under the Programme and work with these individuals through the development of Personal Action Plans towards education and employment.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and delivery of SICAP Lifelong Learning and specific skills training programmes for individuals from SICAP target groups and communities.
- Devise deliver and tutor on a range of Lifelong Learning programmes in personal effectiveness, empowerment, social inclusion, career coaching and community development.
- Support the establishment and/or development of Local Community Groups in under represented areas and develop appropriate Support Plans for each.
- Manage caseload for Local Community Groups and Individuals.
- Identify opportunities for collaborations with other programmes and agencies to add value for the beneficiaries of the SICAP Programme.
- Organise and deliver training and learning events and seminars in line with the SICAP annual plan.
- Conduct action research projects with priority communities to inform policy and initiatives in South Tipperary.
- Any other tasks as designated from time to time.
- Adherence to relevant Programme guidelines and operational procedures within STDC.
- Prepare, maintain and update client records in strict compliance with user and data protection policies.
- Maintain appropriate and up to date records on IRIS CRM system and in hard copy.
- Work as part of SICAP Team.
- Promote open, professional and honest communication within the team environment.
- Exploit and build upon the complementary programmes delivered by STDC for the benefit of SICAP target groups and communities.
- A relevant third level qualification in community development, youth work, social science, education/training or a related field is essential.
- Minimum of four years paid experience in a similar role is essential.
The candidate should possess the following skills and attributes:
- Understanding, promoting and working in accordance with community development principles.
- Independent, creative thinking and excellent problem -solving skills.
- Team player with enthusiasm, drive and approachability.
- Excellent and proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and problem solve.
- Excellent and proven ICT Skills including social media.
- Knowledge of local development and the changing local development landscape.
- Demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Duration of Contract
This is a full-time contract to 31st December 2022 with a possibility of an extension subject to the availability of funding.
Normal working week is 35 hours with one-hour lunch break (unpaid). You will be expected to attend night meetings and occasionally meetings held at weekends. Time in lieu can be taken for attendance at such meetings but must be taken in accordance with the Company’s “Time in Lieu” policy.
Salary will be on a project worker salary scale and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This position is subject to the satisfactory completion of 6 months’ probation period. The company may decide to extend this period
Place of Work
You will be based at STDC’s outreach office in Carrick-on-Suir. You may be required to work from other locations from time to time.
Successful candidate is expected to have own car and have a full clean driver’s license.
- STDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Shortlisting may apply
Applications to include cover letter and Curriculum Vitae, quoting the Job code (SIDO) by EMAIL ONLY to Maria Devane on the following email address:
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 6th July 2018 at 4.00p.m.
Download Job Specification Download