Does Your Organisation Need Assistance.
We in South Tipperary Development Company are contracted to run the Tús Programme on behalf of the Department of Social Protection.
The Tús programme is a community work placement scheme providing short-term working opportunities for unemployed people.
The work opportunities are to benefit the community and are to be provided by community and voluntary organisations in both urban and rural areas in South Tipperary.
S.T.D.C. presently have 190 Tús participants on the scheme with 140 different community and voluntary organisations in South Tipperary.However currently we have over 30 organisations that we do not have Tús participants to fill their roles.If your organisation know of any unemployed person that qualifies under the following criteria,
Please contact us for a Tús Assisted Self-Referral form.
- Have been continuously unemployed for at least 12 months and “signing on “ on a full time basis;and
- Have been receiving a jobseeker’s payment(Jobseeker’s Benefit or Jobseeker’s Allowance)from the Dept.of Social Protection for at least 12 months; and
- Be currently receiving Jobseeker’s Allowance/Benefit.
Participants work 19.5 hours per week and the placement lasts for 12 months.They will receive the same statutory annual leave/public holidays/sick pay entitlement as other employees.
The payment is your full Jobseeker’s Allowance rate + €22.50 a week.Participants aged under 25 or if on means tested payment will receive a min of €230.50.Everybody will retain any secondary benefit( fuel allowance/Medical card,etc.)
Benefits ; While the participants are on a Tús placement,their wages will be transferred into their Bank/Post Office/Credit union account every Thursday.Tús participants are not required to engage with the Dept of Social Protection while on the scheme.The Participant can take up Part Time employment providing it does not interfere with their Tús work.
Roles carried out by the Tús Participants ;
- Environment Services : Sports Fields/Greveyards/community Fields/Green area’s in communities.
- Caring Services ; Day care centres/Meals on wheels/Community Creches.
- Admin/I.T/Social Media/Web sites ; Sports Clubs/Festival committees/Heritage Centres
- Retail ; Charity Shops/Community Shops-Café.
- Cleaning Services ; Churches/Sports Halls/Theatres,etc.
If an organisation knows of a interested person,they can either call into your local Social Welfare office and look for a Self-Referral form for the Tús Programme or you can email email@example.com or phone South Tipperary Development Company ( 052-7442652 ) To get a Self-Referral form .
Download Tús Programme Self-Referral Form