South Tipperary Development Company is proud to play a key role in supporting new and existing entrepreneurs to develop their business ideas or existing businesses across South Tipperary. Some of the supports that STDC can offer include:
- Enterprise training, such as the Self Employment Options Programme, which helps people prepare for the transition from being unemployed to self-employed
- Supporting clients to access the Back to Work Enterprise Allowance
- Providing business advice and mentoring from experienced staff
- Provision of grant aid for eligible micro enterprises under the Rural Development Programme (LEADER)
- Supporting business networking through the Tipperary Micro Business Network
Since 2009, STDC has helped 226 people into either mainstream or self employment, and has helped sustain many more jobs as a direct result of supports provided to new and existing enterprises. The company has had a major role in supporting the establishment of 94 new enterprises in the county over this period of time. If you have a business idea or are looking for support with your existing business contact STDC to see if we can be of assistance.